Josh Surratt

Thoughts from a man enjoying the journey

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Building Muscle

I mentioned before that I was going to read Now, Discover Your Strengths and find out what my strengths are. It is a great read. Here's my results and a brief description of what they mean:

  1. A D A P T A B I L I T Y - Prefer to "go with the flow". They tend to be "now" people who take things as they come and discover their future one day at a time.
  2. R E L A T O R - Enjoys close relationships with others. They find deep satisfaction in working hard with friends to achieve a goal.
  3. B E L I E F - Have certain core values that are unchanging. Out of these values emerges a defined purpose for their life.
  4. D E V E L O P E R - Recognize and cultivate the potential in others. They spot signs of each small improvement and derive satisfaction from those improvements.
  5. C O M P E T I T I O N - Measure their progress against the performance of others. They strive to win first place and revel in contests.

The best that I can figure out is that I desperately need to see a psychiatrist. The developer in me likes to see others succeed, but the competition in me doesn't want them to do as well as me. Scary.

I am meeting with Mac Lake on Tuesday to talk about how these results may impact what I do. It's great to work in an organization that wants to use the strengths of it's employees so that they can contribute to their maximum potential.

1 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger Mac Lake said...

You and I share some of the same strengths, scary huh? Bring me that number to your phychologist on Tuesday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home