Josh Surratt

Thoughts from a man enjoying the journey

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

We're Better Together

I have had the opportunity to interact with a countless # of people in my spiritual journey. I hope to post occasionally about people that have influenced me in a positive way. The first person that I want to introduce you to is my wife, Lisa. Lisa is an amazing woman. She is incredibly smart, beautiful, and she loves God with all of her heart. She somehow manages to balance her strenuous schedule at MUSC, leading a Small Group of about 20 of her classmates, keeping our house clean, and supporting me and the ministry that God has called us to. She knows exactly when I need encouragement and she knows exactly when I need a kick in the butt...and she gives me both.

One of my good friends summed it up nicely for me several years ago when he said, "Brother, I don't mean any disrespect, but when it comes to marriage you definitely outpunted your coverage!" I couldn't agree more! I feel like the luckiest guy in the world.

1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Rick said...

"i married up" :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home