Josh Surratt

Thoughts from a man enjoying the journey

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

God is Cool!!

Two things happened to day that made me stop and think..."God is so cool"
  1. I had a meeting at 8:30 this morning with a core team that is leading 30 churches in Charleston through 40 Days of Community. I was feeling pretty insecure about leading this meeting for several reasons...(I'm a 25 year old kid - they are mostly senior leaders at their churches). I stopped by the office to pick up some materials that I was going to give out and I bumped into one of the administrative assistants at Seacoast. Out of the blue she said something like, "Josh, I just want to tell you that you do an incredible job during our meetings. It seems like you always pick up on the great ideas that are presented and you bring great insights to the table." There is no explanation for why she would say that to me. I have never received a compliment before about how I do meetings, and I know that God knew that I needed the encouragement. (The meeting went great...productive)
  2. Lisa starts her rotations for PA school August 29th. (By the way, she's the smartest person I know) Her first 5 week rotation was supposed to be in Florence - 2 hours away. We have been stressing about her being away for 5 weeks. She got a call today telling her that the rotation was switched to East Cooper Hospital - 5 minutes away from our house! Wow! No explanation for that one either.

I was reminded today that God is interested in the details of our lives! Feel free to share any thing that has made you stop and say "God is Cool!"

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smartest...best looking...AND my favorite daughter-in-law

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Josh...Hummm I am not a "blogger" and am totally clueless as to how the whole thing works, but I saw your Dad was doing it...so I checked his out, then found yours. VERY COOL!
Anyhow, can't wait to hear about Nicaragua! We miss you and Lisa a TON! God IS cool by the way...amazing the things He has been doing in your life! Have a GREAT day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home