Josh Surratt

Thoughts from a man enjoying the journey

Sunday, December 25, 2005

A Donkey, A Trash Can, and A Baby Jesus

Wow! What an incredible day! We just finished up with our Christmas Eve Services and it was quite an adventure. I haven't heard from any of the other campuses yet, but at Longpoint we did 5 services and had roughly 6,000 people celebrate the birth of Jesus.

It didn't come without some adventure though. We thought that having a live nativity scene out front would be the primary source of excitement for the night, but we had a little bit more. During the 4:00 service I heard a loud bang come from the back of the auditorium so I went to check it out. Although I didn't see anything at the time, I found out later that a teenage girl passed out and hit her head on one of the trash cans. Then at the 6:00 service, during the message, a ten year-old who had obviously had too many cookies and hot chocolate, threw up all over himself and the floor. I was very impressed with our facilities team as they hopped right in and got it cleaned up without making too much of a stir. All in all, it was a great Christmas Eve.

I just got done wrapping my last presents. Better get to bed soon, I think I hear Santa coming! Merry Christmas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home