Josh Surratt

Thoughts from a man enjoying the journey

Friday, December 23, 2005

Writer's Block

As evidenced on my blog over the past several months, I have had some trouble with writing here lately. I've come up with some excuses though.

  1. Not enough time...although I have spent many hours reading others' blogs and occasionally commenting.
  2. Lack of inspiration...I don't really think that is true either
  3. I've been too busy shopping for Christmas presents...if you know me you know that's not true
  4. When I was in school, I always wrote my term papers on the night before they were due...and some things just don't change.
  5. I'm afraid I might write something offensive because I am still bitter about Randal's behavior on the Apprentice finale.

I am hoping to turn over a new leaf though. Someone gave me Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott, which is a guide to writing more effectively. I guess you will know whether it helps much or not as we head into the new year.

Merry Christmas!

2 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger Rick said...

"life trumps blogging" is the mantra that will save your life, ministry and marriage :) - enjoy the book page by page, ok?

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger José A. Noy said...

Come on, Randall is the man and he did the right thing!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home